Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shangri-La Frontier
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 22, 2023 2:35 PM

Jul 2019
I'm 2 episodes in and I'm already hooked, I wish I could play a game like Shangri-La Frontier. So do you know any games like it and wouldn't it be just perfect if this series got like SAO popular and got game adaptations?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 22, 2023 2:49 PM
Sep 2022
If we are talking about actually being in the game and talking with npc etc like in the anime. Maybe 10-20 years if we will continue developing and doing r&d. When the time comes I will be there.
Oct 22, 2023 3:00 PM
Oct 2021
As a game developer in learning (im still learning so be nice if I say bs), we are still far away from it, however it's likely an achievable future, there are many things to take in consideration:

It takes several years to develop a big game, and the features required to make a game of such caliber are hard to achieve, mmorpg games need a heck lot of work to maintain the public, constant updates, many servers to be placed around the world, cool features, vr also means 3d environment, in some way it's easier than 2d but it's insanely easy to screw it up.

The online part just makes everything even more complicated, but it might not be hard to work around it

If we consider the ability to move using your body, not a controller or keyboard, it can very easy lead to several accidents because so much action is going on, there are places with special equipments that allow the player to actually run and do irl movements that transfer into the game in a safe way, this however is insanely expensive and definitely not affordable by the average person

Our technology isn't developed enough to make a game with so many things put together, the best game consoles out there might not even be able to properly run a game like that

Also just launching game like this in the market, you would need a lot of money in return to be able to even keep the game running (something that made many games shut down), possibly leading to a pay to win game

Final thoughts, yes it's possible, but not anytime soon
CelliderOct 22, 2023 3:07 PM
Oct 22, 2023 3:01 PM

Mar 2021
Just so you know, there IS a game adaptation on the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pKzsk2k9d4

Haha, it won't be a futuristic VR full-dive though.
Oct 22, 2023 3:03 PM
Aug 2021
Full-dive is probably out of the question for quite a long time, but when it comes to fully reactive NPCs I'd say we are probably already on the verge of it becoming common-place as there are already fan-made mods for ChatGPT and voice-synth on games like Skyrim.

Considering how complex game development is, I'd say the first-gen iterations of systems like that will be available in around 5 years but they will still be a little janky. Around the 10 year mark they will probably be fully functional, although the tax on hardware performance will have to increase heavily to support it.
Oct 22, 2023 3:27 PM

Jul 2015
Not even close.
Fully transferring consciousness into virtual world is still science fiction territory.

Oct 22, 2023 3:30 PM

Nov 2020
I mean we have vr. But a game where we actually feel like we are in the game and can talk to artificial intelligent npc may be a while
Oct 22, 2023 3:50 PM
Dec 2022
There's VR for sure but if you're talking about games we'll be able to full dive, it's gonna be a long long time. Probably 10 years and up.
Oct 22, 2023 4:53 PM
Oct 2022
this is all just my best guess. I'm NOT a professional or a scientist in ANY of these fields.

Full dive would need to be controlled by the brain so basically down the line from current Neurolink stuff.

The NPC's could be things like ChatGPT but another 3 or 4 versions down. enough to really give appropriate responses but only knowledgeable about things in the game world. These have been growing by leaps and bounds pretty quickly, so it might not take too long (2-5years) to get a single NPC of this level with a tailored personality, but it'll be interesting if we decide they should interact with each other to make the world seem more alive or only with Player characters.

As far as high fidelity 3d spaces, the level we have is pretty good and we have good tech to only need to render specifically what our eyes are focusing on to save processing power.

as for the avatars looking good...🤷🏾‍♂️ as different groups try to make the metaverse a thing, we'll see how that improves.

sound would need to be directional and updated a lot as we instruct our character to turn, I think we have most of that covered. we definitely have proximity, and separately we definitely have versions of 3d audio, I just don't know if we have them dynamically where the listener is moving in an environment.

biggest issue might be power. I just don't know how much processing it will take to do all these things simultaneously while also very closely adding in the presence of other players that is true to whatever instructions They're giving as well. watching someone glitch around would need to be a thing of the past. so it's getting current MMOs beyond the level of fighting and racing games in that respect. I don't know if that's even possible since information will always have to travel.

everything together anywhere from 10 to 20 years, I guess.

my question is, do we get it before or after the hoverboards AS promised in back to the future.
Oct 22, 2023 5:42 PM
Apr 2022
Game developers are not going to make contents so rare that only 1 player out of couple millions of players in the span of several years will be able to play. Just saying. It doesn't make any sense economically.

It's like SAO all over again. It's good for story telling, but these MMO games do not make any sense from the design perspective.
Oct 22, 2023 8:44 PM

Apr 2015
Back when Sao first aired, the entire anime community also raised this question but safe to say, similar to flying cars, This one will also take a long time to be implemented.
Maybe give or take atleast 50 years?
Oct 22, 2023 8:52 PM

Jul 2017
not close enough 😭
Oct 22, 2023 8:53 PM

Jul 2017
game design wise we re already there but the full dive thing has a long way
Oct 22, 2023 8:58 PM

Jan 2014
imo would be lucky if we got it in 40 years. I'll be an old man by that point, but I can spend my retirement gaming in full dive lol
Oct 22, 2023 9:42 PM

Aug 2020
Lmao. Its hilarious reading about this in this particular story because we have deets like this:

Betcha you wont wanna play now huh?
Keep scrolling
Oct 22, 2023 10:38 PM
Oct 2020
With the way science doesn't seem to be progressing as fast as it used to, I would say we would die before getting anything like this, but talking just a game you play on your pc, it might not be too far away, like how there are people currently developing a game based on the game from log horizon, which I'm really excited for as long as it's not a gacha game, cause it could be just the kind of mmorpg I have wanted for so long
Oct 22, 2023 11:36 PM
Nov 2018
Definitely not in the foreseeable future. It's technology that relies with the ability to read brain waves. So I don't see it not even in hundred years. It could exist as far I know but think how complicated the machinery would have to be. Being visor size wouldn't be a possibility. VR don't count since it's supposed to connect to your brain and senses.
Oct 22, 2023 11:47 PM
Nov 2018
Problem is noone is doing R&D on full dive games so I would say not anytime soon.
Oct 23, 2023 1:10 AM
Jul 2023
I mean in terms of npcs pretty damn close with gpt and deepfake voices sounding real. Full dive, I don't even think we'll get that within our lifetimes, if ever. Far too many ethical concerns with a game severing your senses and connections to the real world.
Oct 23, 2023 3:05 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to whitebagelxyz
Game developers are not going to make contents so rare that only 1 player out of couple millions of players in the span of several years will be able to play. Just saying. It doesn't make any sense economically.

It's like SAO all over again. It's good for story telling, but these MMO games do not make any sense from the design perspective.
@whitebagelxyz Not necessarily true. It's pretty good marketing strategy as many people might join hoping to be that one players. Not to mention it encourage competition and that would lead to raise to P2W if there are such features
Tenzen12Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM
Oct 23, 2023 6:31 AM
Mar 2023
50+ years min. VR at this level is still at sci fi ground
Oct 23, 2023 7:22 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to arielcw
50+ years min. VR at this level is still at sci fi ground
@arielcw Nah, we would need breakthrough and 50 is necessarily bad prediction, but if really talk about "minimum" it could be less then 15 years.
Oct 23, 2023 7:26 AM
Jan 2022
Piromysl said:
Not even close.
Fully transferring consciousness into virtual world is still science fiction territory.

yeah I think it's something like 40 years
Oct 23, 2023 7:51 AM

Sep 2017
Not to mention the class of bosses, its clearly something that darksouls is 50 years too young to match up to.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 23, 2023 8:22 AM
Aug 2023
In terms of having your consciousness transferred into a game like in this show and sao, it may never happen
Oct 23, 2023 4:12 PM

Dec 2008
Probably not in our life times.
If there was the will and the money, we could probably have it within a couple decades, but I don't see it happening.
Oct 23, 2023 6:39 PM

Dec 2013
Probably one day but I doubt any of us will live to see it.
Oct 23, 2023 7:27 PM

Aug 2021
i am not really smart at tech but I think about by 2030
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2023 10:38 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to RobertsahDHDA
Lmao. Its hilarious reading about this in this particular story because we have deets like this:

Betcha you wont wanna play now huh?
@RobertsahDHDA Lmao, all of this.

This is straight from the manga, and Id wager its even a lowball too. It would be the cost of a car or more at release.

Imagine basically paying $40,000 USD for a game console. We dont even know how much the game would cost, too. People saying they cant wait to play a game like this with stupid details like one-off unique skills and sidequests cant even afford it.

And imagine this. There are multiple different consoles in this world for full dive and at HUGE price discrepancies. So someone would ask, why is that? Who would pay for an in-universe $21,000 console when theres cheaper options? The answer is because CLEARLY there is an advantage somewhere, like people paying for a better PC. Sunraku said he had increased reaction speed or better body movement or something along those lines so what does that mean?

These games will be full Pay 2 Win at the fundamental level. Note that the story doesnt even dive into the cash shop, microtransactions, and other things you'd expect from a live service game, WHICH would be even WORSE in the future than it is now.

"Ya think you do but you really dont."
Oct 24, 2023 4:42 PM

Mar 2017
well, neuralink and technology of its kind are already a thing, maybe in 15 years or even less
Oct 26, 2023 3:59 PM
Jun 2020
SAO thought it would be 2022 and we've not gone that far into a full VR at all maybe 10 - 15 years is my guess and even then idk completely where we're at rn for VR other then graphics
Oct 30, 2023 11:17 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to Piromysl
Not even close.
Piromysl said:
Luckily you don't need to "transfer your consciousness" somewhere else to experience something like this, you don't even need to do anything with your brain directly.

All that is required for FDVR is to control the flow of information that go in and out of your brain which is still a bit off but technically possible.

@ topic: the time frame until we get there mostly depends on how long it takes us to get to actually competent AI, once the AI gets good by expert standards then it won't be that far off anymore.
NoumuOct 30, 2023 11:20 AM
Oct 31, 2023 10:59 AM
Oct 2016
Reply to Tenzen12
@arielcw Nah, we would need breakthrough and 50 is necessarily bad prediction, but if really talk about "minimum" it could be less then 15 years.
@Tenzen12 50+ is the bare minimum. 15 is wishful thinking because the timescale of the necessary processes would push it out way past 15 years. First you'd need a breakthrough in computers. Then you'd need to create the tools to make those computers. Then you'd need to use those computers to increase the research speed on the brain (we only know 10% of it, and we will need to know a LOT more of it before we can even think of full dive. Then we'd need to invent technology that allows us to put our consciousness into the computer. Then we'd need to hope that no government agencies would take an interest in this cause full dive sounds like it could be potentially dangerous. Then we'd need to train people to program for it, because this won't run on Unity or Unreal.

Seriously there is an order to this and each one takes a ton of time to do. Quantum computers which are way more simple than this have been in design since the 80's and they are just starting to figure it out some 43 years later. So do you really believe that 50 years is a bad prediction? I haven't even added the potential for patent trolling. You know why 3d printing just became big. There were patents made in the 80's that completely stifled the industry until they expired in the early 2000's. If that happens you can kiss the whole idea of it ever coming out in your life good bye.
Oct 31, 2023 1:21 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to Raistlarn
@Tenzen12 50+ is the bare minimum. 15 is wishful thinking because the timescale of the necessary processes would push it out way past 15 years. First you'd need a breakthrough in computers. Then you'd need to create the tools to make those computers. Then you'd need to use those computers to increase the research speed on the brain (we only know 10% of it, and we will need to know a LOT more of it before we can even think of full dive. Then we'd need to invent technology that allows us to put our consciousness into the computer. Then we'd need to hope that no government agencies would take an interest in this cause full dive sounds like it could be potentially dangerous. Then we'd need to train people to program for it, because this won't run on Unity or Unreal.

Seriously there is an order to this and each one takes a ton of time to do. Quantum computers which are way more simple than this have been in design since the 80's and they are just starting to figure it out some 43 years later. So do you really believe that 50 years is a bad prediction? I haven't even added the potential for patent trolling. You know why 3d printing just became big. There were patents made in the 80's that completely stifled the industry until they expired in the early 2000's. If that happens you can kiss the whole idea of it ever coming out in your life good bye.
@Raistlarn First of all we don't need breakthrough in computers. In that regard we have all we need already. Graphics and physics simulations are already good enough. Well noone would get angry if got better, but it's certainly close enough.

Second that "we only using 10% of brain" nonsense is already debunked for decades. Actually It was never real science claim. It came from sci-fi writer John W. Cambel and ever since it was adopted basically as popculture slogan and it was never anything more.

Third. We will (probably) never "put consciousnesses into computer" That's pure sci-fi. Having electronic interface between brain and computer in other hand is not that big deal. We have technology that can send visual image from camera (which means generated image would work too) directly into brain. Last time I checked it was only 100 pixels but we know there is room for growth. There is also neuralink that is currently tested that would make more accurate output then using standard EEG electrodes (which btw can already be used play some games just by using thoughts. What we need is normalisation of these technologies and for them become economically viable. If that happens these technologies would improve much faster as competition in that field grows.

And lastly I don't think 50 years is bad prediction. 50 years AT MINIMUM in other hand certainly is.
Tenzen12Oct 31, 2023 1:30 PM
Oct 31, 2023 2:06 PM
Oct 2016
Reply to Tenzen12
@Raistlarn First of all we don't need breakthrough in computers. In that regard we have all we need already. Graphics and physics simulations are already good enough. Well noone would get angry if got better, but it's certainly close enough.

Second that "we only using 10% of brain" nonsense is already debunked for decades. Actually It was never real science claim. It came from sci-fi writer John W. Cambel and ever since it was adopted basically as popculture slogan and it was never anything more.

Third. We will (probably) never "put consciousnesses into computer" That's pure sci-fi. Having electronic interface between brain and computer in other hand is not that big deal. We have technology that can send visual image from camera (which means generated image would work too) directly into brain. Last time I checked it was only 100 pixels but we know there is room for growth. There is also neuralink that is currently tested that would make more accurate output then using standard EEG electrodes (which btw can already be used play some games just by using thoughts. What we need is normalisation of these technologies and for them become economically viable. If that happens these technologies would improve much faster as competition in that field grows.

And lastly I don't think 50 years is bad prediction. 50 years AT MINIMUM in other hand certainly is.
@Tenzen12

1. I never said that "we use 10% of our brain" hogwash. That's you misreading what I said. I said we only know 10% of our brain. In other words we only have 10% of our brain figured out.

2. You didn't even try to disprove my arguments. You just went "we won't need to have any computer breakthroughs" without having anything to back this up.

3. You completely forgot what this forum is about. It is not about neuralink (which isn't vr,) it is not about vr. This forum is about FULL-DIVE VR like in Shangri-la Frontier. We are nowhere near full-dive vr. 50 years minimum is a bare minimum for that, and IT WILL require breakthroughs in computer tech. Hell it will require breakthroughs in multiple different fields. Neuaralink when it becomes fully ready will be one of those, but right now it is only in the testing phase, and should stay there until they can prove they won't cause irreparable damage.

Oct 31, 2023 2:35 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to Raistlarn
@Tenzen12

1. I never said that "we use 10% of our brain" hogwash. That's you misreading what I said. I said we only know 10% of our brain. In other words we only have 10% of our brain figured out.

2. You didn't even try to disprove my arguments. You just went "we won't need to have any computer breakthroughs" without having anything to back this up.

3. You completely forgot what this forum is about. It is not about neuralink (which isn't vr,) it is not about vr. This forum is about FULL-DIVE VR like in Shangri-la Frontier. We are nowhere near full-dive vr. 50 years minimum is a bare minimum for that, and IT WILL require breakthroughs in computer tech. Hell it will require breakthroughs in multiple different fields. Neuaralink when it becomes fully ready will be one of those, but right now it is only in the testing phase, and should stay there until they can prove they won't cause irreparable damage.

@Raistlarn

1)I am glad you realised that, shame you still go with basically same thing instead calling whole that thing off.

2) I already said that current computers can handle advenced physics simulation and comes with good graphics. And there is really nothing more we need.You seem insist there is something more, but you never even specified what it supposed be.

3) And what do you thing "FULL-DIVE VR" is? In context of SF and other anime shows it literaly means VR that works by sending sensory data into brain and read brain activity enough to accuratly interprete commands to control player avatar. That's all that's there to it. Regardless whether we talk about SF, SAO or Bofuri it was never anything else.
Nov 1, 2023 5:07 PM

Mar 2020
Not close at all, and sure not getting closer counting how stagnant the gaming industry has been for the last decade in anything that isnt just visuals upgrades, especially the west/america.
Nov 10, 2023 3:36 AM

Oct 2017
I think we can already play games like this. You have the Yandere AI Girlfriend Simulator game, where you can speak to the NPC as if speaking to a human and receive intelligent replies. Then there's the Genshin Impact game, where you can fight bosses in an open world. I don't know a lot about it, but I think you can fight bosses with friends online. You still can't 1v1 other players, but I think there are games that allow you to fight both players and bosses. If you combine both of these games, you get Shangri-la. If we want an exact, very similar game, we would have to wait 5-10 more years.
Nov 10, 2023 4:36 PM

Apr 2012
~30 years. i will be and old man. time for some VR-Porn by then. lol.
Nov 11, 2023 1:15 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I won't live that long to see it is my guess.
Nov 20, 2023 8:50 AM
Aug 2017
Well there are several different technology paths that need to merge, to be able to full dive in a videogame:

- First of all, we need to create a bridge beetween human brain and machinne - we still have to give digital/manual commands, we don't even have any idea how is this possible yet.

We literally are asking for our brain to dive in a virtual world, so we can move and act like an actual playable character, and completely forget our original bodies. This is something so massive that Cyber Punk 2077 cyborg reality, looks more closer.

The VR we have right now, are not dive in, are more motion cap, than actual imersive manipulation, people saying that is the first step, are completely out of touch with reality

Everything else about IA, world building, MMORPG stuff is already very possible, its funny to me that some people replied like this would be hardest part lmaaao Actually if videogame industry was not that bs that is right now we could already have stuff like this (WITHOU THE DIVE IN OFCOURSE).

Dec 18, 2023 2:35 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to Cellider
As a game developer in learning (im still learning so be nice if I say bs), we are still far away from it, however it's likely an achievable future, there are many things to take in consideration:

It takes several years to develop a big game, and the features required to make a game of such caliber are hard to achieve, mmorpg games need a heck lot of work to maintain the public, constant updates, many servers to be placed around the world, cool features, vr also means 3d environment, in some way it's easier than 2d but it's insanely easy to screw it up.

The online part just makes everything even more complicated, but it might not be hard to work around it

If we consider the ability to move using your body, not a controller or keyboard, it can very easy lead to several accidents because so much action is going on, there are places with special equipments that allow the player to actually run and do irl movements that transfer into the game in a safe way, this however is insanely expensive and definitely not affordable by the average person

Our technology isn't developed enough to make a game with so many things put together, the best game consoles out there might not even be able to properly run a game like that

Also just launching game like this in the market, you would need a lot of money in return to be able to even keep the game running (something that made many games shut down), possibly leading to a pay to win game

Final thoughts, yes it's possible, but not anytime soon
@Cellider if it's a money problem to keep it running then make it a subscription to play it. I'm 100% sure no one would mind paying to play a game like that. Just please no pay to win!! 😂
Dec 18, 2023 4:18 PM
Oct 2021
Yuri_Cobaia said:
Well there are several different technology paths that need to merge, to be able to full dive in a videogame:

- First of all, we need to create a bridge beetween human brain and machinne - we still have to give digital/manual commands, we don't even have any idea how is this possible yet.

We literally are asking for our brain to dive in a virtual world, so we can move and act like an actual playable character, and completely forget our original bodies. This is something so massive that Cyber Punk 2077 cyborg reality, looks more closer.

The VR we have right now, are not dive in, are more motion cap, than actual imersive manipulation, people saying that is the first step, are completely out of touch with reality

Everything else about IA, world building, MMORPG stuff is already very possible, its funny to me that some people replied like this would be hardest part lmaaao Actually if videogame industry was not that bs that is right now we could already have stuff like this (WITHOU THE DIVE IN OFCOURSE).

i mean we could prob achieve something similar with artificial rem (idk how to spell) sleep (aka sleep paralysis) and that elon musk thing to read mind waves
Dec 18, 2023 4:19 PM
Oct 2021
AlienPandaBaby said:
@Cellider if it's a money problem to keep it running then make it a subscription to play it. I'm 100% sure no one would mind paying to play a game like that. Just please no pay to win!! 😂

yeah that could be one way to work it out
Dec 23, 2023 11:56 AM

Apr 2011
Honestly while I was always causally optimistic, I was really surprised how far "mind-reading" came this week. Sure it turns duck into eldritch horror, but anyone who knows bit shold be aware how incredible this is and how fast it can improve from now.
article of decoding observed image
Dec 24, 2023 3:10 PM

Oct 2017
It's pretty clear by now the author barely play any MMO, he plays single player RPG/Action games with multi player feature, like most Japanese people, such as Monster Hunter, Souls series/ Elden ring.
All these boss/ quest design, on top of lack of real players interaction in an area shows it all.
And an author like that trying to convince us that this game that clearly doesn't make sense as a MMO has 30mil active player base after 2 years launch? Don't make me laugh.

I'd say other than the full dive vr simulation /control, all the design of this games is pretty old fashion.
And tbh there's reason why the game dev doesn't go that route. In fact many of them tried , introducing those annoying body movement features in those new consoles.
Turns out it only diminish the experience/immersion of players, so ultimately they all fail , and dev move back to designing traditional games using controllers.
Dec 24, 2023 3:19 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Superdragn
SAO thought it would be 2022 and we've not gone that far into a full VR at all maybe 10 - 15 years is my guess and even then idk completely where we're at rn for VR other then graphics
@Superdragn We actually regress from VR cuz ppl simply dont have interest in it cuz it's too much of a hassle in the end.
Full dive sounds good on paper, but honestly it feels like it'd only distract the game experience .
Imagine having to fully commit inside a game while you just want to enjoy a chill time.
Imagine you have to exercise your body movement perfectly to perform a game input action well.
Sounds like a lot of work.
Dec 24, 2023 3:23 PM
Jun 2020
Ventus_S said:
@Superdragn We actually regress from VR cuz ppl simply dont have interest in it cuz it's too much of a hassle in the end.
Full dive sounds good on paper, but honestly it feels like it'd only distract the game experience .
Imagine having to fully commit inside a game while you just want to enjoy a chill time.
Imagine you have to exercise your body movement perfectly to perform a game input action well.
Sounds like a lot of work.

I think it is still coming maybe not for gaming but putting people in real simulations for like medical practices and stuff like that I can see it thriving
Dec 25, 2023 11:31 PM

Nov 2009
Would have been sooner if both Facebook(Meta) and Microsoft didn't decide to up and cancel their entire Metaverse and VR tech departments.

VR tech is pretty much dying now, barely any companies making new ones. (Microsoft tried selling their MR (Mixed Reality) to the military since only like 1% of gamers buy VR tech, but it caused too many issues that the military canceled the tech, and it brought Microsoft into the red as they can literally sell it to no one else due to national security, so all they can do is destroy it and lose millions of dollar, so Microsoft decide to cancel the entire VR, AR and MR department)

The newest VR headset that came out literally came from China... US based techs are all quitting and not developing anymore cause it takes too much money to develop and it's too expansive for consumers to buy them.

And China tech as very SUS, lol, if anything, most of them will never make it to the US due to sanctions.

Also, Deep Dive (or Half Dive) Tech technically already exists, just very unrefined and doesn't actually work as it's somewhat of a build-around current VR tech headsets... (Half Dive where your lie down on your bed and puts on a VR headset and sorta moves things around based on parts of your Brain Waves, it was on Kickstarter 2 years ago, but 1 year after the start up... the company developing it decide to shut it down, cause the product costed 5000 USD... and no one could afford it, LOL)

The next closest thing is the newly developed "Brain Wave" AI printer that could draw out realistic painting by reading Brain Waves.

Brain Waves is what the sci-fi Deep Dive chairs uses. Brain Wave painting tech exists a long while ago, just now it's integerated into AI tech that can do realistic paintings.

What they need now is somehow sending data into people through Brain Waves. However as this was previously attempted by current "brain chip" tech from ppls like Elon Musk, it's not really accepted due to Ethical reasons since you're literally sending and receiving data into someone's brain at anytime you want with next to no way for people with the chip to resist. AKA: "Mind Control" potential.

The most they have currently is allowing someone with the Brain Chip to interact with a computer mouse cursor and nothing else.

Also, there's already Full Body VR tech that gives you trackers to move your character in VR as you move your body in real-life.

Not only that, but there's also the "Vtuber" Tech where you only need small trackers to no trackers as it uses camera tech to track your movements unlike Full Body VR tech with bunch of wirings.

Plus, there's also that newer AI enchanced VR tech where you barely need to move any of the body trackers and AI will replicate what you were trying to do.

(tho the above still requires you to move some of your body parts around to control characters in games)
amlgDec 25, 2023 11:50 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 12, 4:02 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to LucenProject
this is all just my best guess. I'm NOT a professional or a scientist in ANY of these fields.

Full dive would need to be controlled by the brain so basically down the line from current Neurolink stuff.

The NPC's could be things like ChatGPT but another 3 or 4 versions down. enough to really give appropriate responses but only knowledgeable about things in the game world. These have been growing by leaps and bounds pretty quickly, so it might not take too long (2-5years) to get a single NPC of this level with a tailored personality, but it'll be interesting if we decide they should interact with each other to make the world seem more alive or only with Player characters.

As far as high fidelity 3d spaces, the level we have is pretty good and we have good tech to only need to render specifically what our eyes are focusing on to save processing power.

as for the avatars looking good...🤷🏾‍♂️ as different groups try to make the metaverse a thing, we'll see how that improves.

sound would need to be directional and updated a lot as we instruct our character to turn, I think we have most of that covered. we definitely have proximity, and separately we definitely have versions of 3d audio, I just don't know if we have them dynamically where the listener is moving in an environment.

biggest issue might be power. I just don't know how much processing it will take to do all these things simultaneously while also very closely adding in the presence of other players that is true to whatever instructions They're giving as well. watching someone glitch around would need to be a thing of the past. so it's getting current MMOs beyond the level of fighting and racing games in that respect. I don't know if that's even possible since information will always have to travel.

everything together anywhere from 10 to 20 years, I guess.

my question is, do we get it before or after the hoverboards AS promised in back to the future.
@LucenProject

tech to only need to render specifically what our eyes are focusing on to save processing

That's wont be a full dive tho.
How do you want to immerse yourself while having reduced FOV?

Our IRL for is like more than two times higher than what we use in games. Rendering that is going to require a lot of processing power.
Lowering the FOV would feel really bad, and even if it was the case it wouldn't be a full dive. And we're talking about full dive so.

I know our peripheral FOV is not something we focus on often but we still use it and not having it would feel weird.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31

106 by Wizitofeath »»
Yesterday, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

91 by leeyo69 »»
Yesterday, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 11

156 by Akapilka »»
May 15, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2023

106 by SojuBonk »»
May 13, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17

47 by Zharux11 »»
May 7, 12:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.